Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR 10's
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Mankind Pharma Ltd
Composition Teneligliptin 20mg, Metformin 500mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
- Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR contains Teneligliptin 20mg and Metformin 500mg that control high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus
- It also prevents kidney damage, blindness and reduces your chances of getting a heart attack or stroke
- Addictive drug: No
- Therapeutic Class: Anti Diabetic
- Schedule “H” prescription drug Caution: Not to be sold at a retail outlet without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner
- Schedule “G” prescription drug Caution: It is dangerous to take this medication without medical supervision
- Store below 30°C protected from light & moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR Uses:
Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- It is not safe to consume alcohol with Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR as it can cause life-threatening side effects like lactic acidosis and hypoglycemia
- Do not take a double dose or overdose of this tablet if you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and follow your regular schedule as prescribed
Dynaglipt M Tablet may interact with the following medicines, consult your doctor
- Bacterial infections (rifampicin, tetracycline, Clarithromycin)
- Fungal infections (fluconazole)
- Oral antidiabetics
- Gout (probenecid)
Consult your doctor regarding Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Teneligliptin should be taken at the same time every day since this helps you remember to take it
- Be careful while doing tasks that require focus and concentration until you know how Teneligliptin affects you
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremors, and anxiety
- Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, and/or vomiting
- You have been prescribed Metformin which controls blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of diabetic complications such as heart attacks
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser with this medicine as compared to other diabetes medicines
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar level may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol, delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood
- Prolonged use of Metformin may lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which may lead to anemia, causing fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath, or headache. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while you are taking this medication
Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR Side Effects:
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Change of Taste
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar level
- Upper respiratory tract infection
How to use:
Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR can be taken with food to avoid stomach upset. Take it as prescribed by your doctor, Swallow the tablet as a whole do not chew crush, or break it
How it works:
Dynaglipt-M Tablet SR is an anti-diabetic medicine that contains Teneligliptin 20mg, Metformin 500mg
Teneligliptin increases the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreases the hormones that raise blood sugar levels
Metformin reduces glucose production in the liver, delays the absorption of sugar in the intestines, and increases body's sensitivity to insulin make use of it efficiently
Q. What does Metformin do?
Metformin reduces increased blood sugar levels. Metformin decreases glucose production from the liver and decreases absorption of glucose in the intestine postmeal while improving the sensitivity of the body organs and muscles towards insulin
Q. Does Metformin cause weight loss?
Yes, Metformin can cause weight loss in people who are overweight or obese, in people who are prone to the risk of diabetes, and in people who are sensitive or resistant to insulin, do not take these tablets for weight loss or weight management
Q. What are the benefits of taking Metformin?
It helps control blood sugar levels. It promotes the body’s response to insulin, decreases the amount of sugar made by the liver, decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines, and rarely causes any side effects
Q. Can Metformin make you sleepy?
Metformin does not cause sleepiness but may rarely cause sleep disorders and insomnia due to a serious side effect called lactic acidosis, which specifically occurs if your kidneys do not function properly
Q. How to take Metformin?
Take Metformin with or after a meal to avoid digestive problems as prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does Teneligliptin cause weight gain?
No, it is unknown whether Teneligliptin can cause weight gain, consult your doctor if you have weight gain while taking this medication
Q. Is Teneligliptin safe for the kidneys?
Yes, Teneligliptin is safe for your kidneys if your kidney function is normal but inform your doctor if you have, or had kidney problems to get dose adjustments
Q. Can my blood sugar levels become too low on taking Teneligliptin?
Yes, it is possible that you may experience very low blood sugar levels or hypoglycemia. Sometimes it may be due to taking other antidiabetic medicines or insulin along with Teneligliptin, skipping meals, exercising more than usual, or if you take an overdose of Teneligliptin
Q. What are the precautions to be taken while using Teneligliptin?
Teneligliptin is safe if taken as prescribed by your doctor but in some rare cases it may cause pancreatitis which could be severe and can even lead to death. Stop the medication immediately and contact your doctor if you experience severe pain in your stomach area. Teneligliptin can also cause heart failure, inform your doctor if you have or ever had heart problems before taking Teneligliptin. Kidneys problems must also be discussed with your doctor
Q. How long do I need to take Teneligliptin?
Teneligliptin helps to control your blood sugar levels but does not cure diabetes. The treatment for diabetes is long-term sometimes lifelong. Take the medicines as long as prescribed by your doctor, do not stop without consultation
Q. What if I miss a dose of Teneligliptin?
Take the missed dose as soon as possible but if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your regular schedule
Q. What will happen if I accidentally take an overdose of Teneligliptin?
Your blood sugar levels may become too low than the normal levels, that is you may experience hypoglycemia which may cause mild symptoms like anxiety, sweating, weakness, tremors, fast heartbeat or severe problems like a seizure (fits), unconsciousness which needs immediate medical attention and hospital admission
- Inform your doctor if you have or had kidney disease, heart or pancreas problems, or if you drink a lot of alcohol
- Patients with severe kidney or liver disease must avoid taking this medication
- Take regular tests to monitor kidney function and blood glucose levels
- Dynaglipt M Tablet must be avoided by patients with heart diseases, Vitamin B12 deficiency, Alcoholism, Type 1 diabetes, Bladder cancer, Oedema, Liver disease, Premenopausal anovulation, Obesity, Anaemia
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website