Zonicare 100mg Capsule strip of 10 capsules
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Abbott
Composition Zonisamide 100mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Zonicare 100mg Capsule Uses:
Zonicare 100mg Capsule composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Take a healthy diet along with regular exercise. \n
- Practice yoga every day. \n
- Get enough sleep at nighttime. \n
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop. \n
- Take your medication on time. \n
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know howÂ this medicine affects you.
- Drink plenty of water while taking Zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat stroke. Inform your doctor if you have sudden pain in your stomach, pain on urinating, or if you find blood in your urine.
- It may cause loss of appetite and weight. Monitor your weight regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Zonicare 100mg Capsule Side Effects:
How to use Zonicare 100mg Capsule :
How Zonicare 100mg Capsule works:
Do not stop taking Zonegran without talking to your doctor. Stopping Zonegran suddenly may cause serious problems, including seizures that will not stop.
Q. My friend, who was on Zonegran, developed severe muscle pain with fever. What could this be due to?
Severe muscle pain or weakness, with or without fever, could be due to Zonegran. Consult your doctor immediately. The doctor may suggest some blood tests to check your levels of serum creatine phosphokinase and aldolase enzymes. Elevated levels of these enzymes may prompt the doctor to discontinue Zonegran.
Q. What are the effects of Zonegran in children?
Zonegran works well in children and is well tolerated by most of them. The common side effects in children include problems with thinking or behavior, followed by stomach upset. One dangerous side effect of Zonegran in children is decreased sweating with fever. This affects children but not adults and is more common in summers.
Q. I have been taking Zonegran for epilepsy since a month, but now I feel that my life has come to an end and sometimes I want to harm myself. Is it because of the medicine? What should I do?
Though uncommon, Zonegran may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior. Sometimes, it can also be due to the disease itself. You should immediately consult your doctor who will consider discontinuing Zonegran. We recommend that you take the help of your friend or relative to go to the hospital.
Q. Does Zonegran cause weight loss?
Yes, Zonegran may cause weight loss. If you lose weight, consult a dietician for dietary supplement or try to increase your food portions. In case you lose a lot of weight, consider discontinuing Zonegran after consulting your doctor. Weight loss may be more serious in children, so be cautious and keep monitoring the weight.
Q. Does Zonegran affect the working of birth control pills?
No, Zonegran does not interfere with the working of birth control pills.
Q. Does Zonegran have any effect on kidneys?
Yes, if you are at a risk of developing kidney stones, taking Zonegran may increase that risk. Stones can lead to further kidney damage. The symptoms of kidney stones include severe sharp pain in lower abdomen or back pain. Increase your fluid intake which can reduce the risk of kidney stones. Consult your doctor if you get any such symptoms.
Medicine disease interaction:
Rs 76.00MRP 92.68