Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER strip of 10 tablet er
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Welgenic Pharma
Composition Valproic Acid 250mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER Uses:
Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day. \n
- Get enough sleep at nighttime. \n
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop. \n
- Take your medication on time. \n
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause cosmetic side effects such as increased hair growth on the face, acne and thinning of hair. Talk to your doctor if this bothers you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER Side Effects:
How to use Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER :
How Welcorate 250mg Tablet ER works:
Valproic Acid does not cure your condition, it only prevents the seizures from occurring. Therefore, you will have to keep on taking it, maybe for years. Consult your doctor if face any problems while taking this medicine.
Q. What happens if I stop taking Valproic Acid?
You should not stop taking Valproic Acid suddenly. It should be discontinued gradually. Stopping it suddenly may increase the chances of recurrence of seizures. Always consult your doctor if you feel the need to stop taking this medicine.
Q. I have gained weight after I started using Valproic Acid. Is it because of this medicine? What should I do?
Yes, weight gain can occur with the use of Valproic Acid. To control your weight, you should have a healthy balanced diet and exercise regularly. Talk to your doctor if you have any other concerns.
Q. Can I take birth control pills while taking Valproic Acid?
Yes, Valproic Acid does not have any effect on the working of birth control pills. However, contraceptives (birth control pills) may interfere with the working of Valproic Acid and seizures may occur. It is important that you inform your doctor that you are using birth control pills. Your doctor will keep a track on your response to the treatment and monitor the Valproic Acid levels in your blood levels.
Q. Is it safe to take Valproic Acid for long term?
Many patients can safely take Valproic Acid for a long time. Rarely, long-term use of Valproic Acid may weaken your bones, thereby increasing their chances of breaking easily (osteoporosis and osteopenia). If you are taking Valproic Acid for a long time, get regular check ups done for bone health.
Q. I am concerned because I have heard that Valproic Acid causes hair loss. Is it true?
Valproic Acid may cause thinning of hair, change of hair colour and even hair loss. If you are concerned talk to your doctor if it is possible to reduce the dose of Valproic Acid. Your hair may regrow after either reducing your dose or switching to a different medicine.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 52.48MRP 64.00