Valparin 200 Delicious Pineapple Flavour Oral Solution 200ml
Manufactured By Sanofi India Ltd
Composition Sodium Valproate 200mg/5ml
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Interactions / Warnings:
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Valparin 200 Oral Solution Delicious Pineapple
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day. \n
- Get enough sleep at nighttime. \n
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop. \n
- Take your medication on time. \n
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- It may cause cosmetic side effects such as increased hair growth on face, acne and thinning of hair. Talk to your doctor if this bothers you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
How to use:
How it works:
Sodium Valproate does not cure your condition, it only prevents the seizures from occurring. Therefore, you will have to keep on taking it, maybe for years. Consult your doctor if face any problems while taking this medicine.
Q. What happens if I stop taking Sodium Valproate?
You should not stop taking Sodium Valproate suddenly. It should be discontinued gradually. Stopping it suddenly may increase the chances of recurrence of seizures. Always consult your doctor if you feel the need to stop taking this medicine.
Q. I have gained weight after I started using Sodium Valproate. Is it because of this medicine? What should I do?
Yes, weight gain can occur with the use of Sodium Valproate. To control your weight, you should have a healthy balanced diet and exercise regularly. Talk to your doctor if you have any other concerns.
Q. Can I take birth control pills while taking Sodium Valproate?
Yes, Sodium Valproate does not have any effect on the working of birth control pills. However, contraceptives (birth control pills) may interfere with the working of Sodium Valproate and seizures may occur. It is important that you inform your doctor that you are using birth control pills. Your doctor will keep a track on your response to the treatment and monitor the Sodium Valproate levels in your blood levels.
Q. Is it safe to take Sodium Valproate for long term?
Many patients can safely take Sodium Valproate for a long time. Rarely, long-term use of Sodium Valproate may weaken your bones, thereby increasing their chances of breaking easily (osteoporosis and osteopenia). If you are taking Sodium Valproate for a long time, get regular check ups done for bone health.
Q. I am concerned because I have heard that Sodium Valproate causes hair loss. Is it true?
Sodium Valproate may cause thinning of hair, change of hair colour and even hair loss. If you are concerned talk to your doctor if it is possible to reduce the dose of Sodium Valproate. Your hair may regrow after either reducing your dose or switching to a different medicine.
Monitor the baby for unusual bruising or bleeding, jaundice and other signs of liver damage.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website