Unistrol 40mg Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Composition Megestrol 40mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Unistrol 40mg Tablet Uses:
Unistrol 40mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Megestrol is used to treat women with certain hormone-dependent cancers such as breast cancer and endometrial cancer.
- It may also be used for treating appetite and weight loss in people with advanced cancer or AIDS.
- You may have to take it for atleast 2 months before you notice any changes in your appetite.
- Your doctor might do regular blood tests to check your hormones and blood sugar levels while you are taking this medicine.
- Do not take Megestrol if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Unistrol 40mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Unistrol 40mg Tablet :
How Unistrol 40mg Tablet works:
Megasty contains a medicine called Megestrol which is similar to the hormone progesterone, that naturally occurs in your body. It is used in hormone-dependent cancers of breast and endometrium (lining of the uterus). It may also be used to promote appetite and weight gain in AIDS patients.
Q. How and in what dose should I use Megasty?
Take it as per the advice of your doctor. The number of doses you take each day and the duration for which you take it depends on your medical problem. Take your tablet at about the same time everyday to ensure consistent levels of medicine in your body.
Q. What if I forget to take Megasty?
If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, do not take the missed dose and simply continue the usual dosing schedule. Do not double up your dose to make up for the forgotten one.
Q. What are the common side effects of using Megasty?
Most common side effects of using Megasty are weight gain and an increase in appetite, shortness of breath, hot flushes (warm face and neck), high blood pressure, increased blood sugar levels, rounded face, and constipation. Most of these are temporary, and go away as soon as the body adjusts to the treatment. However, if these persists, consult with the doctor.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 187.70MRP 228.90