Unicalcin Nasal Spray packet of 3.7 ml Nasal Spray
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Composition Calcitonin (Salmon) 50IU
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Unicalcin Nasal Spray Uses:
Unicalcin Nasal Spray composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- You have been prescribed Calcitonin (Salmon) to make your bones stronger, and lower the risk of fractures.
- It is used in women with osteoporosis who have undergone menopause.
- ItÂ may cause temporary dizziness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Unopened bottles should be stored in the refrigerator. Once opened, they should be stored at room temperature for up to 35 days.
- Stop usingÂ it and inform your doctor if you get any nosebleeds or notice any ulceration inside your nose.
- Discontinue Calcitonin (Salmon) and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
Unicalcin Nasal Spray Side Effects:
How to use Unicalcin Nasal Spray :
Calnasal is not a steroid hormone/ peptide hormone/ bisphosphonate. However, Calnasal occurs naturally in the body. It is also available as a man-made polypeptide hormone
Q. Is calcitonin lipid soluble/ hydrophilic/ water soluble?
Calcitonin is a hydrophilic, water soluble hormone
Q. Is Calnasal effective for osteoporosis?
Calnasal is a naturally occurring thyroid hormone which is used to prevent and to treat thinning and weakening of the bone (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women
Q. Does Calnasal stimulate osteoclasts?
Osteoclast is a type of bone cell which carry out dissolution and absorption of bone. Calnasal is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by thyroid gland in the body, which stops the activity of osteoclasts, thereby stops bone removal by the osteoclasts
Q. Does Calnasal stimulate/ inhibit osteoblast activity/ stimulate bone growth?
Osteoblast is a type of bone cell which carry out bone formation. Whether Calnasal stimulates or promotes the bone formation or resorption by the osteoblasts is uncertain
Q. Does Calnasal cause cancer?
Long term treatment with Calnasal for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis has shown an increase in the risk of cancer in clinical trials
Q. Does calcitonin increases calcium levels?
Calcitonin does not increase calcium levels. It is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by the thyroid gland in the body, which is used to reduce high calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia) due to cancer
Q. Does Calnasal decreases phosphate?
Yes, Calnasal decreases phosphate resorption by direct action on the kidney.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 834.35MRP 1017.50