Trustogyl Syrup 30ml
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Torque Pharmaceuticals
Composition Metronidazole 100mg, Norfloxacin 100mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Trustogyl Syrup Uses:
Metronidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
Trustogyl Syrup composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
Consuming alcohol while taking Trustogyl 100 mg/100 mg Syrup may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (Disulfiram reaction).
Trustogyl 100 mg/100 mg Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Metronidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and protozoa.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Metronidazole use in a high dose or for a prolonged time increses risk of side effectsÂ such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- DoÂ not drink alcohol during or for 48 hours after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
Trustogyl Syrup Side Effects:
Metronidazole : Headache, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Glossitis, Metallic taste, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Muscle pain;Norfloxacin : Headache, Dizziness, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhea
How to use Trustogyl Syrup :
Trustogyl 100 mg/100 mg Syrup is to be taken with food.
How Trustogyl Syrup works:
Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Q. Can the use of Metronidazole cause metallic taste?
Yes, Metronidazole may cause a temporary metallic taste. This metallic taste can be reduced by chewing sugar-free gum or mints, brushing teeth after the meals and by staying hydrated.
Q. Why it is harmful to drink alcohol while using Metronidazole?
Alcohol should be strictly avoided while taking Metronidazole and for at least 3 days after completely stopping the medicine. Drinking alcohol can cause an unpleasant reaction (Disulfuram reaction) with symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing or redness of the face.
Q. Can I stop taking Metronidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Metronidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 11.28MRP 13.75