Tmatecad 100mg Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Topiramate 100mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Tmatecad 100mg Tablet Uses:
Tmatecad 100mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day. \n
- Get enough sleep at nighttime. \n
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop. \n
- Take your medication on time. \n
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day while taking Topiramate. This can reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Tmatecad 100mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Tmatecad 100mg Tablet :
How Tmatecad 100mg Tablet works:
The dose and duration of this medicine will depend on your doctorâ€™s advice. Etitop does not cure your condition (seizures/migraine) but prevents them from occurring. So, you may have to keep taking it for months or years depending on improvement in your symptoms and side effects that may occur.
Q. Is Etitop good for anxiety?
Etitop is not indicated for the treatment of anxiety. Please consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
Q. What are the serious side effects of Etitop?
Serious side effects of Etitop are rare. These serious effects of Etitop may include glaucoma (difficulty in seeing, eye pain and blurred vision), kidney stones (sharp pain in your sides or lower back) and metabolic acidosis (tiredness, loss of appetite, irregular and faint heartbeat). Other serious side effects of Etitop could be suicidal thoughts and insufficient sweating (some children taking Etitop may not sweat enough in hot weather, causing their body temperatures to rise).
Q. I am taking valproic acid for fits. Will Etitop interfere with the working of valproic acid? Can this combination be taken?
Etitop does not interfere with the working of valproic acid, but it increases the risk of getting increased levels of ammonia in blood (hyperammonemia). This can be dangerous. Excess levels of ammonia in blood may cause difficulty in thinking, remembering information, or solving problems. It may decrease your alertness and make you feel very sleepy with low energy. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice these symptoms. In rare cases, hyperammonemia may even occur because of Etitop alone.
Q. Can Etitop be used in children?
Yes, Etitop is used for seizures in children more than 2 years of age. However, because of the lack of any reports, this medicine is not recommended to be used in children for migraine.
Q. Since I have started using Etitop people are saying that I have lost weight. Is it because of Etitop or something else for which I should get investigated?
It could be due to Etitop because Etitop commonly causes weight loss probably due to decrease in appetite. If you still have any doubts, talk to your doctor who will advise you appropriately.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 93.71MRP 114.28