Uses / Indications:
Interactions / Warnings:
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Tiova Inhaler. Please consult your doctor.
- Tiotropium makes breathing easier for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.Â
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may monitor yourÂ blood potassium level regularly while taking this medication.
- Only small amounts of Tiotropium may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.
How to use:
How it works:
Airtio is anticholinergic drug which opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness. It doesn't contain steroid, opiate or narcotic components
Q. Is tiotropium the same as ipratropium?
Tiotropium is not same as ipratropium
Q. Is Airtio generic?
However, they belong to the same class, have the same mechanism of action, and act similarly to relieve breathlessness. Airtio is available in generic form
Q. Does Airtio cause weight gain?
Airtio is not known to cause weight gain
Q. Is Airtio LABA/LAMA?
Airtio is not a long acting beta agonist (LABA). It is a long acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) which acts on muscarinic receptors on the smooth muscles of airways, opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website