Thyromed 75mcg Tablet bottle of 100 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Comed Chemicals Ltd
Composition Thyroxine/Levothyroxine 75mcg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Thyromed 75mcg Tablet Uses:
Thyromed 75mcg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Your doctor has prescribed Thyroxine/Levothyroxine to replace the natural thyroid hormone that your own thyroid gland can no longer make.
- It is best to take it on an empty stomach (ideally, first thing in the morning). No food, milk, or tea should be taken 1 hour before and 2 hours after taking this medicine.
- It may take 6 to 8 weeks to get the full effect.
- For most people, Thyroxine/Levothyroxine is a lifelong medication. Do not discontinue it without discussing with your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you have diarrhea, nervousness, irritability, sleep disturbances, shaking hands, or chest pain. Your doctor may adjust your dose.
- Leave a gap of at least 4 hours before taking any antacids, calcium or iron supplements, and multivitamins, as these may interfere with the effect of the medicine.
- Get your hormone levels checked regularly and inform your doctor if you notice a significant change in your body weight. The dose may need to be adjusted.
- Inform your doctor before changing the brand of Thyroxine/Levothyroxine as all brands may not have the same effect.
Thyromed 75mcg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Thyromed 75mcg Tablet :
How Thyromed 75mcg Tablet works:
Increased levels of Thyrogear may speed up the body processes (functions such as respiration, movemements, etc). Additionally, you may experience nervousness, anxiety, rapid heartbeat, hand tremors, excessive sweating, weight loss, and sleep problems.
Q. How long do I need to take Thyrogear?
Take Thyrogear as long as your doctor has recommended. Usually, you will have to take it life long. Do not stop taking the medicine, as your symptoms of low levels of thyroid hormone may reoccur.
Q. How should Thyrogear be taken?
Take Thyrogear exactly as advised by your doctor. Thyrogear tablets should be taken orally preferably before breakfast or as a first meal of the day. It should be swallowed whole with plenty of water.
Q. Being a diabetic what should I be aware of while taking Thyrogear?
Thyrogear may raise blood sugar levels and may affect the working of other anti-diabetic medicines which you might be taking. Hence, dose adjustment may be required. Consult your doctor who will help you with dose management.
Q. What does thyroxine do or why is it important?
Thyroxine hormone controls how much energy your body uses. It plays an important role in regulating your body weight, muscle strength, body temperature, and even your mood. Along with that, it is important for your digestion, heart muscles, brain development, and bone health.
Q. Does Thyrogear affect contraception?
Oral birth control pills containing both oestrogen and progesterone may reduce the amount of Thyrogear in your body and therefore the dose of Thyrogear may have to be increased.
Q. What is Thyrogear prescribed for?
Thyrogear tablets are used to prevent symptoms of underactive thyroid gland (a condition called hypothyroidism). These tablets produce the thyroxine hormone which your thyroid glands are unable to produce. Thyrogear is also used in surgery and in radioactive iodine therapy to help treat thyroid cancer.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 131.82MRP 160.75