Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER strip of 10 tablet er
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Tulsi Medi Sciences
Composition Metformin 500mg,Teneligliptin 20mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER Uses:
Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- You have been prescribed Metformin to control the blood sugar level and reduce the risk of diabetic complications such as heartÂ attacks.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.Â
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency and symptoms of anemia like fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath or headache may occur. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements.
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.
Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER Side Effects:
How to use Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER :
Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER may cause stomach upset if taken on empty stomach.
How Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER works:
People with type 2 diabetes are not able to make enough insulin or respond normally to the insulin made by their bodies. When this happens, the concentration of sugar/glucose increases in the blood. Metformin acts in several ways to reduce the increased levels of sugar in blood. Metformin decreases the glucose production from the liver, decreases absorption of glucose from the intestine after taking food, and improves the sensitivity of the body organs and muscles to insulin. This helps improve the uptake of glucose from the blood. It helps your body respond better to the insulin it makes naturally.
Q. Does Metformin cause weight loss?
Yes, Metformin has been shown to reduce weight in people who are sensitive or resistant to insulin, overweight, or obese. The use of Metformin may cause modest weight loss in overweight and obese individuals who are at risk for diabetes. But, do not start taking this medicine for weight loss.
Q. What are the benefits of taking Metformin?
Metformin is one of the first medicines that is given to patients with high blood sugar levels. It helps control the blood sugar. It promotes the bodyâ€™s response to the insulin made by the pancreas, decreases the amount of sugar made by the liver, and decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines. Unlike other oral antidiabetic medicines, Metformin when taken alone rarely cause low blood sugar as it prevents the pancreas from secreting more insulin. In addition to being a great blood sugar lowering medicine, it also helps control weight gain.
Q. Can Metformin make you sleepy?
Metformin usually does not cause sleepiness and is well tolerated. However, the use of Metformin may rarely cause sleep disorders and insomnia. Sleepiness may be due to a very serious side effect called lactic acidosis, particularly if your kidneys are not working properly. Therefore, you must immediately contact your doctor if you feel sleepy or tired while taking Metformin.
Q. How to take Metformin?
Take Metformin with or after a meal. Do not crush or chew the tablets and swallow it with a glass of water. If your doctor has prescribed one tablet a day, take it in the morning with breakfast. If two tablets a day, then take one in the morning and other in evening with dinner. If you take three doses a day, apart from morning and evening take it with lunch. Taking Metformin with meals will reduce its digestive problems like indigestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, bellyache and loss of appetite.
Medicine disease interaction:
Tenemerze M 500mg/20mg Tablet ER is generally started with low dose in patients with mild to moderate liver disease and its use is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 110.70MRP 135.00