Tarlot 100 Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Zee Laboratories
Composition Erlotinib 100mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Tarlot 100 Tablet Uses:
Tarlot 100 Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Erlotinib helps treat non-small cell lung cancer that is locally advanced, or has spread to other areas of the body.
- It should be taken 1 hour before or 2 hours after the meal.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- It makes your skin sensitive towards sunlight.Â Apply sunscreen or wear protective clothing while going out.
- It is advisable to avoid smoking while taking this medicine, as it makes the drug ineffective and requires dose adjustment.
- Do not take it with medication lowering the stomach acid (such as antacids, H2 blockers including ranitidine), as it may affect the working of medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you develop ulceration in your mouth, changes in your vision or if you experience a worsening cough, shortness of breath, or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are having treatment with this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Tarlot 100 Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Tarlot 100 Tablet :
How Tarlot 100 Tablet works:
Erlot is a pill to be taken by mouth, once a day without food as prescribed by your doctor. It is important that you take Erlot empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 house after meals. It is advisable to take it the same time each day so that you remember when to take it.
Q. Is Erlot a chemotherapy drug?
Erlot is not a conventional chemotherapy medicine. Erlot belongs to a class of medications called kinase inhibitors. It works by blocking the action of an abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This in turn helps to slow or stop the spread of cancer cells.
Q. How long can I take Erlot?
You need to take Erlot every day, as long as your doctor prescribes it for you. The duration of treatment may vary from person to person.
Q. Does smoking interfere with Erlot?
Yes, smoking can interfere with the working of Erlot. It can decrease the effectiveness of the medicine to a great extent. Hence, it is advised to stop smoking before you start Erlot. Your doctor will need to adjust the dose of Erlot, if you keep on smoking or there is a change in the pattern of smoking.
Q. What should I do if I get a rash while taking Erlot?
Rash is a common side effect of Erlot but you should not stop taking Erlot because of this. Consult your doctor who will suggest a treatment for it. Also, avoid sun-exposure, use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
Q. When can I plan pregnancy, if I am taking Erlot?
Avoid pregnancy while being treated with Erlot. If you are a woman of child-bearing age use effective contraception during treatment. Avoid pregnancy for at least 1 month after taking the last tablet.
Q. Does Erlot affect eyes?
Erlot commonly causes conjunctivitis and dry eyes. If you develop acute or worsening redness and pain in the eye, increased eye-watering, blurred vision and/or sensitivity to light, immediately inform the doctor as you may need urgent treatment.
Q. When should I call my doctor during treatment with Erlot?
Inform the doctor if you experience sudden difficulty in breathing associated with cough or fever, severe or ongoing diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting. Also, consult your doctor if you experience acute or worsening redness and pain in the eye, increased eye-watering, blurred vision and/or sensitivity to light. Let your doctor know in case you are taking a statin (medicine to control cholesterol) along with this medicine and experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, weakness, or cramps.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 4919.18MRP 5999.00