Tagera 500mg Tablet strip of 4 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Secnidazole 500mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Tagera 500mg Tablet Uses:
Tagera 500mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Secnidazole use in a high dose or for a prolonged time increses risk of side effectsÂ such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- DoÂ not drink alcohol during or for 48 hours after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
- Secnidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and protozoa.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
Tagera 500mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Tagera 500mg Tablet :
How Tagera 500mg Tablet works:
Yes, Secnidazole may cause a temporary metallic taste. This metallic taste can be reduced by chewing sugar-free gum or mints, brushing teeth after the meals and by staying hydrated.
Q. Why it is harmful to drink alcohol while using Secnidazole?
Alcohol should be strictly avoided while taking Secnidazole and for at least 3 days after completely stopping the medicine. Drinking alcohol can cause an unpleasant reaction (Disulfuram reaction) with symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing or redness of the face.
Q. Can I stop taking Secnidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Secnidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 26.20MRP 31.95