Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Composition Etizolam 0.5mg,Escitalopram Oxalate 5mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet Uses:
Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is less as compared to other benzodiazepines.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Do not take this medicine if you have a history of drug addiction or drug abuse.Â Â
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.
Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet :
How Suprabenz Plus 0.5mg/5mg Tablet works:
Yes, there are several reports mentioning the abuse potential of Etizax. Therefore, it should be used with caution in patients prone to drug abuse.
Q. What are the advantages of Etizax over other benzodiazepines (BZDs)?
As compared to other benzodiazepines, Etizax has lesser sedative effects, lower dependence, and lower tolerance. However, long-term use can reduce the effectivity of the medicine and may cause dependence and addiction.
Q. What happens if you stop taking Etizax suddenly?
Stopping Etizax suddenly may cause withdrawal symptoms which may include anxiety, insomnia, headache, dizziness, ringing sound in ear (tinnitus), eating disorder (anorexia), vomiting, nausea, tremor, weakness, excessive sweating (perspiration), irritability, hypersensitivity to visual and auditory stimuli. Stopping the medicine suddenly may also cause palpitations, fast heart rate and postural hypotension (drop in blood pressure on standing). In severe and rare cases of withdrawal from high doses, patients may develop seizures, mental disorder (psychosis), agitation, confusion, and hallucinations.
Q. How long does Etizax take to work?
Oral doses of Etizax begin working within 30-60 minutes and peak at 3-4 hours. The medicine remains in the body for 6-8 hours although higher doses can last longer.
Q. Is Etizax a muscle relaxant?
Yes, like benzodiazepines, it causes muscle relaxation, but otherwise it is mainly used for anxiety.
Q. Is Etizax good for sleep?
Like other benzodiazepines, it causes sleepiness but is mainly used for anxiety disorder. It increases total sleep time and decreases the proportion of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, wherein your eyes move quickly in different directions. Etizax had no effect on sleep latency (amount of time it takes you to go from being fully awake to being asleep).
Q. Is Etizax an antidepressant?
No, Etizax is not an antidepressant. It is used for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder with depressive symptoms. But, it may affect patient's mood.
Medicine disease interaction:
Rs 79.13MRP 96.50