Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR strip of 10 tablet sr
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Composition Metformin 850mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR Uses:
Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- You have been prescribed Metformin to control the blood sugar level and reduce the risk of diabetic complications such as heartÂ attacks.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.Â
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency and symptoms of anemia like fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath or headache may occur. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements.
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.
Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR Side Effects:
How to use Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR :
How Riomet OD 850mg Tablet SR works:
People with type 2 diabetes are not able to make enough insulin or respond normally to the insulin made by their bodies. When this happens, the concentration of sugar/glucose increases in the blood. Metformin acts in several ways to reduce the increased levels of sugar in blood. Metformin decreases the glucose production from the liver, decreases absorption of glucose from the intestine after taking food, and improves the sensitivity of the body organs and muscles to insulin. This helps improve the uptake of glucose from the blood. It helps your body respond better to the insulin it makes naturally.
Q. Does Metformin cause weight loss?
Yes, Metformin has been shown to reduce weight in people who are sensitive or resistant to insulin, overweight, or obese. The use of Metformin may cause modest weight loss in overweight and obese individuals who are at risk for diabetes. But, do not start taking this medicine for weight loss.
Q. What are the benefits of taking Metformin?
Metformin is one of the first medicines that is given to patients with high blood sugar levels. It helps control the blood sugar. It promotes the bodyâ€™s response to the insulin made by the pancreas, decreases the amount of sugar made by the liver, and decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines. Unlike other oral antidiabetic medicines, Metformin when taken alone rarely cause low blood sugar as it prevents the pancreas from secreting more insulin. In addition to being a great blood sugar lowering medicine, it also helps control weight gain.
Q. Can Metformin make you sleepy?
Metformin usually does not cause sleepiness and is well tolerated. However, the use of Metformin may rarely cause sleep disorders and insomnia. Sleepiness may be due to a very serious side effect called lactic acidosis, particularly if your kidneys are not working properly. Therefore, you must immediately contact your doctor if you feel sleepy or tired while taking Metformin.
Q. How to take Metformin?
Take Metformin with or after a meal. Do not crush or chew the tablets and swallow it with a glass of water. If your doctor has prescribed one tablet a day, take it in the morning with breakfast. If two tablets a day, then take one in the morning and other in evening with dinner. If you take three doses a day, apart from morning and evening take it with lunch. Taking Metformin with meals will reduce its digestive problems like indigestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, bellyache and loss of appetite.
Rs 29.52MRP 36.00