Rantussin D Syrup 100ml
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Composition Bromhexine NA, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide NA, A
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Rantussin D Syrup Uses:
Bromhexine is used in the treatment of respiratory tract disorders associated with viscid mucus.
Rantussin D Syrup composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Rantussin D Syrup. Please consult your doctor.
Rantussin D Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Bromhexine helps in thinning and removal of the mucus (slimy and sticky substance) from the airways, thereby treats various respiratory conditions.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.Â Â
- Do not use Bromhexine for more than 14 days, without your doctorâ€™s advice.
- Inform your doctor if you have suffered or are currently suffering from any stomach, liver or kidney problem.Â
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Rantussin D Syrup Side Effects:
Bromhexine : Irritation of ear, Allergic skin rash, Dizziness, Headache;Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide : Sleepiness, Dizziness, Excitation, Confusion, Convulsion, Respiratory depression, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Rash;Ammonium Chloride : Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Difficulty in swallowing, Sickness, Nausea, Stomach pain, Shortness of breath, Throat disorder
How to use Rantussin D Syrup :
Rantussin D Syrup may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Take it with food if stomach upset occurs.
How Rantussin D Syrup works:
Bromhexine is a mucolytic medication. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) in the nose, windpipe and lungs making it easier to cough out.
Q. Is Bromhexine an antihistamine?
No, Bromhexineis not an antihistamine.
Rs 14.35MRP 17.50