Qutin 50mg Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Composition Quetiapine 50mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Qutin 50mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- You have been prescribed Quetiapine for the treatment of schizophrenia and mania.
- It is less likely to cause heart problems and movement disorders than other antipsychotics.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see treatment effects. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Quetiapine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop takingÂ it without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Qutin 50mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Qutin 50mg Tablet :
How Qutin 50mg Tablet works:
Esq helps to correct chemical imbalances in the brain. It acts on various chemical messengers in the brain like dopamine and serotonin. It prevents the excessive activity of dopamine, helping to treat symptoms of schizophrenia and mania.
Q. Is Esq a sleeping pill?
Esq can make you feel sleepy, but it is not used as a sleeping pill. Esq is approved for the treatment of symptoms of schizophrenia. It prevents as well as treats episodes of mania and depression in bipolar disorder. It is also used with other medicines to treat depression.
Q. How long does Esq take to work?
You may start seeing an improvement within a week of starting Esq but full benefits may take about 4-6 weeks to appear.
Q. Is Esq good for anxiety?
Though Esq has not been approved for the treatment of anxiety, your doctor may prescribe it for anxiety. However, some studies suggest its use in post-traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and anxiety associated with mood disorders.
Q. What should I avoid while taking Esq?
Esq can cause drowsiness. So, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything dangerous until you know how Esq affects you. Do not drink alcohol while taking Esq as it may worsen the drowsiness. Avoid getting overheated or dehydrated.
Q. Can I stop taking Esq if I am better now?
No, you should not stop taking Esq without consulting your doctor. Suddenly stopping it may cause nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, dizziness, irritability and inability to sleep. If you feel better, consult your doctor who will gradually reduce the dose before completely stopping it.
Q. Can Esq cause weight gain?
Yes, weight gain is a common side effect of Esq. If you feel you are gaining weight, consult your doctor or a nutritionist who will suggest you a diet and some exercise to help you manage your weight.
Q. How should Esq be taken?
Take Esq exactly as advised by your doctor. Do not split, chew or crush the tablets. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not take it with food. It is advised to take this medicine for at least one hour before a meal or at bedtime. Do not take grapefruit while taking Esq as it may affect the working of this medicine.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 36.90MRP 45.00