Pantosec IV Injection (1 Vial)
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Cipla Ltd
Composition Pantoprazole 40mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
- Pantosec IV Injection which contains Pantoprazole 40mg is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid produced in your stomach. It is used to treat acid-related diseases of the stomach and intestine such as heartburn, acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, and some other stomach conditions associated with excessive acid production
- Pantosec IV Injection is also used to prevent stomach ulcers and acidity that may be caused by prolonged use of painkillers
- Chemical Class: Sulfinylbenzimidazole Derivative
- Addictive Drug: No
- Therapeutic Class: Gastro Intestinal
- Action Class: Proton pump inhibitors
- Schedule “H” prescription drug Caution: Not to be sold without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner
- Store below 30°C protected from light & moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Pantosec IV Injection Uses:
- Treatment of Heartburn
- Treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease or Acid reflux
- Treatment of Peptic ulcer disease
Pantosec IV Injection composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Pantosec IV Injection and it interacts with St John's wort plant that is used as an anti-depressant so its best to avoid both when taking this medication
- Do not take a double dose of Pantosec IV Injection if you miss a dose skip it and follow the regular schedule
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol while taking this medication
- Avoid carbonated drinks, cool drinks, beverages, spicy foods and fried foods. Take food at the right time
Pantosec IV Injection may interact with the following drugs, consult your doctor
- Blood thinners
- Anti-HIV drugs
- Iron supplements
- Heart medicines
- Anti-cancer drugs
Pantosec IV Injection is safe to take during pregnancy. It is unsafe if properly prescribed only for breastfeeding mothers
- Pantosec IV Injection should be taken 1 hour before a meal, preferably in the morning
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time
- Drink plenty of water while taking Pantosec IV Injection to avoid dehydration and promote better digestion
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention
- Long-term use of Pantosec IV Injection can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop decreased urination, edema (swelling due to fluid retention), lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash or fever. These could be signs of a kidney problem
Pantosec IV Injection Side Effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
- Liver problems, such as hepatitis or jaundice
- Kidney problems
- Low levels of magnesium in the blood
- Increased risk of bone fractures, particularly in people who take PPIs for a long time or at high doses
How to use Pantosec IV Injection :
Pantosec IV Injection is taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before a meal as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole do not crush, chew or break it
How Pantosec IV Injection works:
Pantosec IV Injection is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that contains Pantoprazole 40mg
Pantosec IV Injection works by blocking the enzyme in the stomach lining that produces acid, known as the proton pump
This inhibition reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach, thereby relieving symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn, and indigestion
Pantosec IV Injection helps to heal the damaged esophagus, stomach, or duodenal lining caused by excess acid by reducing the acidity in the stomach
Q. How long does it take for Pantosec IV Injection to work?
You should start to feel better within 2 to 3 days. It may take up to 4 weeks for Pantosec IV Injection to work and relieve your symptoms
Q. Is a single dose of Pantosec IV Injection sufficient?
No, a single dose may not be sufficient. However, with only a few doses of Pantosec IV Injection, you may get relief from your symptoms
Q. Is Pantosec IV Injection safe?
Yes, Pantosec IV Injection is relatively safe. Most people who take Pantosec IV Injection do not get side effects
Q. Can I take Pantosec IV Injection for the long term?
Pantosec IV Injection is usually needed only for a short term or up to 2 weeks for heartburn, indigestion, and acid reflux. However, if the need arises, such as for treating peptic ulcer disease and Zollinger Ellison syndrome (ZES), Pantosec IV Injection may be prescribed for a long-term duration as well
Q. What are the long-term side effects of Pantosec IV Injection?
If Pantosec IV Injection is used for more than 3 months certain side effects like low magnesium levels in your blood may cause dizziness, muscle twitches, or irregular heartbeat. If it is used for more than a year it may cause bone fractures, stomach infections, and Vitamin B12 deficiency which can make you anemic
Q. What is the best time to take Pantosec IV Injection?
Pantosec IV Injection is taken once a day in the morning. If Pantosec IV Injection is taken twice a day, take 1 dose in the morning and 1 dose in the evening. It must be taken at least 1 hour before a meal
Q. Can I stop taking Pantosec IV Injection if I feel better?
If you have been taking Pantosec IV Injection for a long time. Stopping it abruptly may lead to increased acid production so consult your doctor regarding any dose changes
Q. Does Pantosec IV Injection cause weight gain?
Although rare, long-term treatment with Pantosec IV Injection may cause weight gain it may be due to relief from reflux symptoms which could make you consume more than a normal diet
Q. Can I take antacids along with Pantosec IV Injection?
Yes, Antacids can be taken along with Pantosec IV Injection. Take it 2 hours before or after taking Pantosec IV Injection
Q. What dietary changes should I make to get relief from acidity?
Pantosec IV Injection is best taken 1 hour before a meal. Avoid spicy or fatty foods, caffeinated drinks, and alcohol while taking this medicine
Q. Are painkillers safe to take along with Pantosec IV Injection?
Yes, it is safe to take painkillers along with Pantosec IV Injection. Pantosec IV Injection prevents acidity and stomach ulcers associated with the intake of painkillers
Medicine disease interaction:
- Pantosec IV Injection is safe if prescribed for patients with kidney disease but consult your doctor if you have severe liver problems, take medicines for HIV, have an allergic reaction to similar medicines in the past, or suffer from bone loss or osteoporosis
- Pantosec IV Injection should be not given in patients with C. difficile-induced colitis, liver disease, bone fractures, low Vitamin B12 (anemia), hypomagnesemia
Country of origin: India
Manufacturer/Marketer Address: Cipla House, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 40.75MRP 49.70