Meterkem 500mg Infusion 100ml
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By GENERAL
Composition Metronidazole 500mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Meterkem 500mg Infusion Uses:
Meterkem 500mg Infusion composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
Consuming alcohol while taking Meterkem 500mg Infusion may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (Disulfiram reaction).
- Metronidazole treats infections caused by bacteria and protozoa.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Metronidazole use in a high dose or for a prolonged time increses risk of side effectsÂ such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your doctor.
- DoÂ not drink alcohol during or for 48 hours after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
Meterkem 500mg Infusion Side Effects:
How to use:
How it works:
Yes, Metronidazole may cause a temporary metallic taste. This metallic taste can be reduced by chewing sugar-free gum or mints, brushing teeth after the meals and by staying hydrated.
Q. Why it is harmful to drink alcohol while using Metronidazole?
Alcohol should be strictly avoided while taking Metronidazole and for at least 3 days after completely stopping the medicine. Drinking alcohol can cause an unpleasant reaction (Disulfuram reaction) with symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing or redness of the face.
Q. Can I stop taking Metronidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Metronidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website