Lamotem 25mg Tablet strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Lamotrigine 25mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Lamotem 25mg Tablet Uses:
Lamotem 25mg Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day. \n
- Get enough sleep at nighttime. \n
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop. \n
- Take your medication on time. \n
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- ItÂ may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable pain killer. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause skin rash. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice a rash, itching and peeling of skin.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Lamotem 25mg Tablet Side Effects:
How to use Lamotem 25mg Tablet :
How Lamotem 25mg Tablet works:
There have been reports where patients developed serious rashes within 8 weeks of starting Lamogec and were hospitalized. Sometimes these rashes turn into severe skin infections and may endanger the patientâ€™s life. Therefore, it is advised that if a patient develops rashes after starting Lamogec, it should be stopped and should not be restarted. Use of Lamogec is stopped even if the rashes are mild and non-serious. It is because of this that your doctor changed the medicine.
Q. How long does it take Lamogec to work?
Though it varies from person to person, your symptoms may take about 6-8 weeks to improve.
Q. What can be the consequences of taking a higher than the recommended dose of Lamogec?
You may experience quick and uncontrollable movements of your eye, clumsiness, and lack of coordination. High doses of Lamogec may cause problems with your balance, changes in heartbeat rhythm, loss of consciousness, fits (convulsions) or coma. Even if there are no signs of discomfort, seek immediate medical attention of a doctor or nearby hospital.
Q. Can Lamogec affect pregnancy?
Studies on the human population do not show any effects of Lamogec on pregnant women or her fetus. However, it is advisable that you inform your doctor immediately if you become pregnant or are planning to get pregnant while taking Lamogec. In case therapy with Lamogec is considered during pregnancy, your doctor may prescribe the lowest effective dose.
Q. Can I take Lamogec with other antiepileptic medicines?
It is important that you inform your doctor if you are already on any other antiepileptic medicines. The reason being, taking Lamogec with some antiepileptics (like valproate and carbamazepine) may increase the chances of developing side effects. Also, the dose of Lamogec may need adjustment if taken with antiepileptic medicines such as oxcarbazepine, felbamate, gabapentin, levetiracetam, pregabalin, topiramate or zonisamide.
Q. Can Lamogec be taken with food?
Lamogec can be taken with or without food.
Q. I have symptoms of depression. Can I take Lamogec ?
Yes, you can take lamotrigine if you have depression symptoms. In fact, Lamogec is used in preventing depression.
Medicine disease interaction:
Rs 34.44MRP 42.00