Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection (1 Vial)
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Trikut Humanities Bio Science Pvt Ltd
Composition Imipenem 1000mg, Cilastatin 1000mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection Uses:
Imipenem is used in severe bacterial infections. It is used in infections of various body parts like skin and soft tissues, urinary tract, blood and lungs (pneumonia).
Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection. Please consult your doctor.
Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Imipenem is an antibiotic that's usually only given in the hospital for serious infections.
- InformÂ your doctor if you are allergic to penicillin or if you are taking any seizure medication before starting treatment with this medication.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Inform your doctor if you develop severe stomach pain or if you find blood in your stools.
- It is given by a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) over 20 to 60 minutes. In severe cases, it may be given slowly for 2 to 3 hours by intravenous infusion.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver and kidney function while you are having treatment with this medication.
Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection Side Effects:
Imipenem : Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness);Cilastatin : Vomiting, Nausea, Allergic reaction, Confusion, Diarrhea, Fever, Rash
How to use Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection :
No interaction found/established
How Imitra 1000mg/1000mg Injection works:
Imipenem is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Q. Is Imipenem used alone?
Imipenem is always used in combination with Cilastatin, which is a dehydropeptidase I inhibitor. Cilastatin blocks the activity of an enzyme (dehydropeptidase I) that causes breakdown of Imipenem. Hence, it helps Imipenem to stay active in your body, and works for a longer period of time.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 1804.00MRP 2200.00