Gonal-F 1050IU Injection vial of 1 Injection
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Merck Ltd
Composition Recombinant follicle stimulating hormone/Follitrop
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Gonal-F 1050IU Injection Uses:
Gonal-F 1050IU Injection composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- It may also be used to stimulate sperm formation in men.
- The injection is administered under the skin. Follow the recommended dosage and monitoring schedules to minimise the possibility of ovarian hyperstimulation.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe pelvic pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden weight gain, trouble breathing, or decreased or no urination during treatment, as these could be symptoms of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- Do not use Recombinant follicle stimulating hormone/Follitropin alpha if you are already pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Recombinant follicle stimulating hormone/Follitropin alpha stimulates the production of eggs in women undergoing treatment for infertility.
- Your doctor may prescribe more than one medicine as part of your suggested pregnancy plan.
- Pregnancy following treatment with Recombinant follicle stimulating hormone/Follitropin alpha is more likely to result in a multiple pregnancy (twins or more).
Gonal-F 1050IU Injection Side Effects:
How to use Gonal-F 1050IU Injection :
How Gonal-F 1050IU Injection works:
Prego-F contains Follitropin alfa which is a type of Follicle Stimulating Hormone produced naturally by the body. It is used in women who are unable to ovulate. It works by stimulating the growth of follicles (which contain eggs) in the ovary. This helps in the release of a properly developed egg at the time of ovulation. It is also used in assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF), which help women to become pregnant. It may also be used in adult men who are infertile due to lack of certain hormones and inability to produce enough sperm cells.
Q. How and in what dose should I take Prego-F?
Prego-F is an injection given subcutaneously (just under the skin). The dose and treatment duration depend on the ovarian response of the patient.
Q. What if I miss a dose of Prego-F?
Ideally, you should try not to miss a dose of Prego-F. However, please talk to your doctor as soon as you remember that you have missed a dose.
Q. What are the side effects of using Prego-F?
The most common side effect is a local site reaction at the injection site (pain, redness, swelling, and irritation). The other common side effects are a headache, ovarian cysts, abdominal pain or cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and bloating. If any of these side effects bother you, please consult with your doctor. In addition, this medicine may increase the likelihood of conditions like ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), multiple pregnancy or miscarriage.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 22266.70MRP 27154.50