Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR 10's
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By USV PVT LTD
Composition Glimepiride 1mg, Metformin 1000mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
- Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR is an anti-diabetic drug that contains Glimepiride 1mg, Metformin 1000mg used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
- It helps control the blood sugar levels of people with diabetes
- Addictive Drug: No
- Therapeutic Class: Anti-Diabetic
- Schedule “H” prescription drug Caution: Not to be sold at a retail outlet without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner
- Schedule “G” prescription drug Caution: It is dangerous to take this medication without medical supervision
- Store below 30°C protected from light & moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR Uses:
Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Avoid alcohol intake during Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR medication as it may cause side effects like hypoglycemia and a life-threatening condition known as lactic acidosis
- Do not take a double dose of this tablet if you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule as prescribed
Glycomet GP 1 Forte Tablet may interact with the following drugs, consult your doctor
- Insulin, High blood pressure (hydrochlorothiazide, amlodipine)
- Water pills/diuretics (furosemide), Heart failure-related medicines (digoxin)
- Anti-hypertensive (metoprolol), Steroids (prednisolone), Thyroid hormones
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR is not safe to take during pregnancy but it is safe if properly prescribed only for breastfeeding mothers, consult your doctor
- Glimepiride helps decrease high blood sugar levels and avoid long-term complications of diabetes
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine. Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Glimepiride affects you
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremors, and anxiety
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- You have been prescribed Metformin which controls your blood sugar level and reduces the risk of diabetic complications such as heart attacks
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser with this medicine as compared to other diabetes medicines
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol, delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood
- Prolonged use of Metformin may lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which may lead to anemia, causing fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath, or headache. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while you are taking this medication
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR Side Effects:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Change of Taste
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Upper respiratory symptoms
How to use Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR :
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR can be taken with food to avoid nausea and stomach pain. Swallow the tablet as a whole do not crush, chew or break it
How Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR works:
Glycomet-GP 1 Forte Tablet SR is an antidiabetic medication that contains Glimepiride 1mg, Metformin 1000mg
Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas to reduce blood glucose
Metformin reduces glucose production in the liver, delays the absorption of sugar in the intestines, increases body's sensitivity to insulin using it effectively
Q. Does Glimepiride make you sleepy?
Glimepiride does not cause sleepiness but it may cause hypoglycemia when taken with other anti-diabetic medicines which may make you feel sleepy or affect your sleep
Q. Is Glimepiride safe for the kidneys?
Glimepiride does not affect the kidneys of patients with normal kidney function but patients with severe kidney disease must avoid taking it as Glimepiride is eliminated by the kidneys
Q. Does Glimepiride cause memory loss?
No, it is unknown whether Glimepiride causes memory loss but it may cause low blood sugar which affects your concentration and alertness
Q. Who should not take Glimepiride?
Glimepiride should be avoided by patients who are allergic to it, have severe kidney or liver disease, have G6PD-deficiency, have type 1 diabetes mellitus, or are scheduled to have surgery
Q. How long does it take for Glimepiride to start working?
Glimepiride takes 2 to 3 hours to reduce blood sugar levels, even if you do not feel any difference continue taking the medication as prescribed by your doctor
Q. How long do I need to take Glimepiride? Can I stop the medication if I feel normal?
Treatment for diabetes is long-term, sometimes lifelong. Glimepiride only controls your sugar levels and does not cure it so do not stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor
Q. How and when must Glimepiride be taken?
Glimpiride must be taken as advised by your doctor, a single daily dose of Glimepiride is sufficient to control blood sugar levels. It can be taken whole with water before or during breakfast
Q. What happens if I take more than the recommended dose of Glimepiride?
Overdose of Glimepiride may decrease your blood sugar levels and cause hypoglycemia. Severe cases of hypoglycemia may lead to loss of consciousness and coma which requires immediate medical attention and hospital admission
Q. What does Metformin do?
Metformin decreases glucose production from the liver and decreases absorption of glucose in the intestine postmeal while improving the sensitivity of the body towards insulin
Q. Does Metformin cause weight loss?
Yes, Metformin may cause weight loss in people who are overweight or obese, in people who are prone to the risk of diabetes, or in patients who are sensitive or resistant to insulin
Q. What are the benefits of taking Metformin?
Metformin controls your blood sugar levels, promotes the body’s response to the insulin made by the pancreas, decreases the amount of sugar made by the liver, also decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines
Q. Can Metformin make us sleepy?
Metformin does not cause sleepiness but the use of Metformin may rarely cause sleep disorders and insomnia due to a serious side effect called lactic acidosis, which specifically occurs if your kidneys do not function properly
Medicine disease interaction:
- Do not take Glycomet-GP 1 Forte if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, diabetic ketoacidosis, severe kidney or liver disease
- Inform your doctor if you ever had heart disease, thyroid disease, hormonal conditions as the medicine may not be suitable
- Glycomet GP 1 Forte must be avoided by patients with Vitamin B12 deficiency, cardiovascular disease, and low blood sugar level or hypoglycemia as the medicine may worsen these conditions
Country of origin: India
Manufacturer/Marketer Address: USV Ltd, Arvind Vithal Gandhi Chowk, BSD Marg, Station Road, Govandi East, Mumbai - 400088
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 74.21MRP 90.50