Fosirol Powder 8g
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By CIPLA
Composition Fosfomycin 3gm
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Interactions / Warnings:
Consuming alcohol with Fosirol Powder does not cause any harmful side effects.
- Fosfomycin is used to treat and prevent bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
- Dissolve it in a glass of water and drink immediately, preferably at bedtime, 2 hours after meals (after emptying the bladder).
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks, and drink plenty of water while taking Fosfomycin.
- Diarrhea is a common side effect. Inform your doctor if it does not get better or if you see blood in stools.
- Fosfomycin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Symptoms should get better in 2 to 3 days of the single dose treatment. Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after 2 to 3 days.
How to use:
Either 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after meals and preferably before bedtime after emptying the bladder.
How it works:
Fosfomycin is not macrolide/sulfa drug/penicillin. It is phosphonic acid derivative antibiotic
Q. Can you take Fosfomycin with penicillin allergy/ does fosfomycin contain penicillin?
Fosfomycon does not contain penicillin and it can be taken with penicillin allergy
Q. Does Fludafos cover pseudomonas/ klebsiella/ proteus/ group b strep?
Fludafos works against pseudomonas, klebsiella and proteus but not against group b strep.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website