DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION vial of 1 ml Injection
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By DKT India Ltd
Composition Medroxyprogesterone acetate 150mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION Uses:
DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate is used for a wide range of menstrual disorders such as heavy, painful or absent periods, and endometriosis.
- It may cause bleedingÂ or spotting in between menstrual periods. Let your doctor know if this occurs frequently.
- Stop taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate and inform your doctor immediately if you get severe headaches, stabbing pains or swelling in one leg, pain on breathing, sudden changes in your vision or hearing, or yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes.
- Use a non-hormonal method of contraception such as condoms to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medication.
- Do not take Medroxyprogesterone acetate if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, have unusual vaginal bleeding, or have a history of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, liver problems, or bleeding problems.
DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION Side Effects:
How to use DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION :
How DEPO PROVERA 150 MG INJECTION works:
Perlutal-M works similar to the progesterone hormone naturally produced by the body. It helps in regulating the periods, stop irregular bleeding, and for withdrawal bleeding in case of amenorrhea (unusual stopping of menstrual periods). It is also used to prevent endometrial hyperplasia (thickening of the lining of the uterus) in women who are taking conjugated estrogens.
Q. When and how to take Perlutal-M?
Take it strictly as per the advice of your doctor. The number of doses you take each day, and the duration depends on the medical problem for which your doctor has advised. You can take it with or without food, preferably at the same time of each day to ensure consistent levels of medicine in your body.
Q. What if I miss to take Perlutal-M?
If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost a time for the next dose, do not take the missed dose, simply continue the usual dosing schedule. Missing a dose may increase the likelihood of breakthrough vaginal bleeding or spotting (blood stain).
Q. What are the common side effects which I can experience while taking Perlutal-M?
The common side effects of using Perlutal-M are headache, nausea (feeling sick), weight gain, breast pain, and unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting. Most of these symptoms are temporary. However, if they persist, check with your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Is Perlutal-M a contraceptive?
No, use an effective form of birth control to prevent pregnancy. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
Q. How Medroxyprogesterone tablet and Depo-Provera are different?
Depo-Provera is an injection form of Medroxyprogesterone. It is used as a contraceptive injection for women, whereas Perlutal-M tablet is not used as a contraceptive. Instead, it treats a wide variety of menstrual disorders.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 244.64MRP 305.80