Clindac A 1% Gel 15g
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Composition Clindamycin 1% w/w
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Clindac A 1% Gel Uses:
Clindamycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of the skin such as acne (Pimples), abdomen, bone, skin, heart and soft tissues. It also used in post-operative infections.
Clindac A 1% Gel composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
No interaction found/established
Clindac A 1% Gel is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
- Your doctor has prescribed Clindamycin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before you start treatment with this antibiotic.
- Stop taking Clindamycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Clindac A 1% Gel Side Effects:
Clindamycin : Dryness, Skin irritation, Skin rash
How to use Clindac A 1% Gel :
No interaction found/established
How Clindac A 1% Gel works:
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Q. Can the use of Clindamycin cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Clindamycin can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. How long does Clindamycin takes to work?
Usually, Clindamycin starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Clindamycin?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Clindamycin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Clindamycin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. Is Clindamycin safe?
Clindamycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 153.34MRP 187.00