Cilaxter 1000mg/1000mg Injection vial of 1 Injection
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Composition Imipenem 1000mg,Cilastatin 1000mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Uses / Indications:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Imipenem is an antibiotic that's usually only given in the hospital for serious infections.
- InformÂ your doctor if you are allergic to penicillin or if you are taking any seizure medication before starting treatment with this medication.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Inform your doctor if you develop severe stomach pain or if you find blood in your stools.
- It is given by a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) over 20 to 60 minutes. In severe cases, it may be given slowly for 2 to 3 hours by intravenous infusion.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver and kidney function while you are having treatment with this medication.
How to use:
How it works:
Imipenem is always used in combination with Cilastatin, which is a dehydropeptidase I inhibitor. Cilastatin blocks the activity of an enzyme (dehydropeptidase I) that causes breakdown of Imipenem. Hence, it helps Imipenem to stay active in your body, and works for a longer period of time.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website