Cadistin Expectorant 60ml
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Zydus Cadila
Composition Guaifenesin 80mg,Ammonium Chloride 100mg,Chlorphen
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Cadistin Expectorant Uses:
Cadistin Expectorant composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Do not take guaifenesin if you have known allergy to it. \n
- Stop guaifenesin and consult your doctor immediately if you develop breathing difficulty swelling on your face, neck throat or tongue (severe allergic reactions). \n
- Do not take guaifenesin if you are taking more than one cough and cold medicine. \n
- Consult your doctor before you start taking guaifenesin if you have asthma, inflammation of air passages (bronchitis), lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) such as emphysema, smokers cough, Â porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs). \n
- Consult your doctor before you start guaifenesin if you are suffering from liver or kidney problems, or if you are taking alcohol. \n
- Guaifenesin should not be combined with cough suppressants in the treatment of cough. \n
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur, or are accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache. \n
- It is important to tell your doctor, while undergoing urine tests, if have recently taken or are taking guaifenesin as it can affect some results. \n
- Do not take guaifenesin if you are pregnant or breast feeding unless it is advised by your doctor. \n
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used (consult your pharmacist for the procedure to dispose). \n
Cadistin Expectorant Side Effects:
How to use Cadistin Expectorant :
Take it with food if stomach upset occurs.
How Cadistin Expectorant works:
Guaifenesin is an expectorant, mainly used to relieve chest congestion by aiding the removal of mucus
Q. What is Ascoril+/Ascoril LS/ Ascorl D cough syrup?
Ascoril+ cough syrup contains terbutaline, while Ascorl LS contails levosalbutamol. In addition both syrups contain bromhexine and guaifenesin and are used to relieve cough due to acute and chronic inflammation of the airways (bronchitis) and other cough conditions.Ascoril D is a medicine for dry cough and it does not contain guaifenesin
Q. Is Ascoril+ an antibiotic?
No, Ascoril+ cough syrup contains terbutaline, bromhexine and guaifenesin. It does not contain any antibiotic
Q. Does Ascoril+/ Ascoril LS cause drowsiness?
No, terbutaline, levosalbutamol, bromhexine and guaifenesin do not cause any drowsiness. Hence, Ascoril+ or Ascoril LS syrup does not cause drowsiness
Q. How long can I take guaifenesin?
Consult your doctor for use more than 7 days
Q. Can I take guaifenesin if I have high blood pressure?
Guaifenesin should not be taken by individuals with high blood pressur
Q. Can I take guaifenesin with phenylephrine, ibuprofen, amoxicillin and paracetamol (acetaminophen)?
There are no known drug interactions between phenylephrine, ibuprofen, amoxicillin and paracetamol (acetaminophen) and guaifenesin. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on guaifenesin
Q. Can I take guaifenesin with Sudafed (pseudoephedrine-decongestant preparation) and Dayquil (OTC cold and cough preparation), Benadryl, benzonatate?
Guaifenesin can be taken with other cold and cough preparation including Sudafed, Dayquil, Benadryl and benzonatate . However, other formulations containing guaifenesin must be avoided to avoid a double dose. Also, guaifenesin should not be combined with cough suppressants in the treatment of cough since the combination would not be logical and you may be exposed to unnecessary side effects.
Medicine disease interaction:
Limited information is available on the use of Cadistin Expectorant in these patients.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 17.63MRP 21.50