Betnovate-GM Cream 20g
Manufactured By GLAXO SMITHKLINE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
Composition Betamethasone 0.1% w/w, Gentamicin 0.1% w/w, Micon
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
- Betnovate GM Cream is a combination of Betamethasone, Gentamicin, Miconazole used to treat various types of skin infections by minimizing redness, swelling, itching of infected skin area and also killing the infection-causing microorganisms
- Warning: To be sold at a retail outlet only on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner
- To be used only under medical supervision
- The anti-bacterial or antifungal cream is for external use only. Do not use on eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina
- Store at a temperature below 25°C, do not freeze
- Keep out of the reach of children
Betnovate-GM Cream Uses:
- Treatment of Skin infections
Betnovate-GM Cream composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Do not use the cream for a long period of time as this medicine can get absorbed in the blood and cause adrenal suppression and Cushing’s syndrome
- It can cause weight gain, high blood pressure, and rounding of the face. Its application can cause a change in the color of skin at the site of application.
- Veins beneath the skin become visible due to the thinning and weakening of the skin. There could be an increased hair growth
- If it gets into your eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina rinse with water
- Betnovate-GM Cream helps treat skin infections
- It is for use on the skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina
- Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become more irritated, you should stop using Betnovate-GM Cream and consult your doctor
- Don't use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor
- Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 1 week of treatment
Betnovate-GM Cream Side Effects:
- Burning, irritation, itching, and redness reaction of the skin
- Thinning of skin
- Peeling of skin
How to use:
How it works:
Gentamicin an antibiotic stops the growth of bacteria on the infected part of the skin
Miconazole is an antifungal that stops the growth of fungi on the skin
No, do not stop applying Betnovate-GM Cream and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared
Q. How long does Betnovate-GM Cream take to work?
Usually, Betnovate-GM Cream starts working soon after applying it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better
Q. What precautions should I take while using Betnovate-GM Cream?
Do not use Betnovate-GM Cream for longer than the prescribed period, especially on the face as it may cause thinning of the skin. If it has to be applied over the eyelid, make sure it does not get into your eyes. Unless told by your doctor, do not apply a bandage or dressing to the area being treated, as this will increase absorption of the preparation and increase the risk of side effects. This medicine should only be used by the patient and never be given to other people even if their condition appears to be the same
Q. What would happen if I use a higher than the recommended dose of Betnovate-GM Cream for long periods?
The dosage and duration of using Betnovate-GM Cream should be strictly according to the doctor’s advice. When used in higher doses and for longer periods, this medicine can get absorbed in the blood and cause adrenal suppression and Cushing's syndrome. It can cause weight gain, high blood pressure, and rounding of the face. Its application can cause a change in the color of skin at the site of application. Veins beneath the skin become visible due to the thinning and weakening of the skin. There could be increased hair growth. If you experience increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation
Q. What are the recommended instructions for the storage and disposal of Betnovate-GM Cream?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Keep it away from pets and children
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Betnovate-GM Cream?
Use of Betnovate-GM Cream is considered to be harmful to patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine. Avoid its use for the treatment of any viral infections (herpes or chickenpox) or the treatment of acne or rosacea. Avoid its use in itchy areas which are not red and around the genitalia and anus. Consult your doctor before using it for any condition
- Betnovate GM Cream is used to treat skin infections caused by microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi
- It also blocks the release of chemicals that cause itching, redness, and swelling of infected skin area
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website