Bakflex 4mg Injection vial of 2 ml Injection
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Thiocolchicoside 4mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Bakflex 4mg Injection Uses:
Bakflex 4mg Injection composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Thiocolchicoside provides relief from rigidity, tension and stiffness in muscles (spasticity) that may occur due to various conditions affecting the nervous system.
- Take it with or after food or a glass of milk.
- Thiocolchicoside may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Thiocolchicoside as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor if you've been on it for a long time.
Bakflex 4mg Injection Side Effects:
How to use Bakflex 4mg Injection :
How Bakflex 4mg Injection works:
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant which is used in adults and adolescents from 16 years onwards as an add-on treatment for painful muscular contractions. It is to be used for acute conditions related to the spinal column.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside a steroid?
No, Thiocolchicoside is not a steroid. It is a naturally occurring glucoside from a plant source.
Q. Thiocolchicoside is derived from which plant?
Thiocolchicoside is a semi-synthetic derivative of naturally occurring compound colchicoside from the plant Gloriosa superb.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside safe?
Thiocolchicoside is a safe medicine if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Recently, there have been reports that one of the products formed in the body when taking Thiocolchicoside at high doses may cause damage to the some cells which could be a risk factor for cancer, harm to unborn child and impairment of male fertility. Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q. How does Thiocolchicoside works?
Thiocochicoside works by acting on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside addictive?
No, Thiocolchicoside is not known to have any addiction potential.
Medicine disease interaction:
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 27.88MRP 34.00