Asthalin Respirator Solution 15ml
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Cipla Ltd
Composition Salbutamol 5mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
Asthalin Respirator Solution Uses:
Salbutamol/Albuterol is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Asthalin Respirator Solution composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Asthalin Respirator Solution. Please consult your doctor.
Asthalin Respirator Solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Salbutamol/Albuterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness.
- The inhalers are called 'reliever' inhalers as they give you quick relief from breathing problems.Â
- Always keep the inhaler upright during loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- If you need to use Salbutamol/Albuterol more than 3 times a week, it could be a sign that your breathing problem is not well controlled. Talk to your doctor about it.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart diseases or if you experience heart racing, headache, or chest pain.
Asthalin Respirator Solution Side Effects:
Salbutamol/Albuterol : Headache, Tremor, Tachycardia
How to use Asthalin Respirator Solution :
No interaction found/established
How Asthalin Respirator Solution works:
Salbutamol/Albuterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Q. When should I take Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler?
Use Salbutamol/Albuterol as and when you need it. Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler relieves the symptoms of asthma like coughing, shortness of breath and tightness in the chest. You can also take it to prevent asthma attacks in circumstances where you know it may occur, example after strenuous exercise or unavoidable exposure to allergen.
Q. Can I smoke if I have been prescribed Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler?
No, you should not smoke while taking Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler. Smoking irritates the lungs. Especially in asthmatics, it makes breathing more difficult. Take advice from your doctor if you are finding it hard to avoid smoking.
Q. Is it safe to take Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler if I have heart disease?
Yes, but its use depends on the severity of your heart problem. If you experience chest pain or any other symptom of worsening heart disease while taking Salbutamol/Albuterol, you should seek immediate medical advice.
Q. Being a diabetic, what should I remember while taking Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler?
Salbutamol/Albuterol may cause blood sugar levels to rise. Therefore, your doctor may adjust your dose of insulin or antidiabetic medicines. Keep a regular check on your blood glucose levels and do not miss any appointments.
Q. I have started using Salbutamol/Albuterol inhaler and I am experiencing headaches and shakiness. Is this because of Salbutamol/Albuterol and will these go away?
It could be due to Salbutamol/Albuterol. For headaches, drink plenty of water, get sufficient rest and avoid alcohol. Usually headaches go away after a week. If they persist for a long time, contact your doctor. Feeling shaky is a common side effect of Salbutamol/Albuterol and goes away after sometime.
Q. What would happen if I take higher than the recommended dose of Salbutamol/Albuterol?
Taking a higher than the recommended dose of Salbutamol/Albuterol may cause seizures, chest pain, nervousness, headache, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness and lack of energy. High doses of Salbutamol/Albuterol may also cause fast, irregular or pounding heartbeat, uncontrollable shaking of any part of the body and difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. In any such case, seek immediate medical attention.
Medicine disease interaction:
Asthalin Respirator Solution is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not harmful to the baby.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 9.27MRP 11.59