Amlong 5 Tablet 15's
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Micro Labs Ltd
Composition Amlodipine 5mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
- Amlong Tablet contains Amlodipine 5mg used to treat high blood pressure or hypertension and to prevent angina
- Chemical Class: Dihydropyridine Carboxylic acids derivatives
- Addictive Drug: No
- Therapeutic Class: Cardiac
- Action Class: Calcium channel blockers - Dihydropyridines (DHP)
- Schedule “H” prescription drug Caution: Not to be sold without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner
- Store below 30°C
Amlong 5 Tablet Uses:
- Treatment of Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Prevention of Angina
Amlong 5 Tablet composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Amlong Tablet, patients must take caution and consult their doctor as it may cause side effects like low blood pressure or hypotension
- Avoid intake of foods with high fat or cholesterol. Avoid too much salt in your diet or extra salt in any meal
- If you miss a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it's time for your next dose and follow the regular schedule as advised by your doctor. Do not take a double dose of this tablet
Amlong 5 Tablet 15's may interact with the following drugs, consult your doctor regarding this
- High blood pressure controlling medicines
- Drugs used to control lipid (fat) levels in the blood
- Medicines to treat erectile dysfunction
- Anti-HIV drugs
- Anti-epilepsy medicines
- Immunity-suppressing drugs
Intake of Amlong 5mg Tablet is not safe during pregnancy. It is safe if properly prescribed by a doctor for breastfeeding mothers
- Reducing blood pressure reduces the chance of future heart attack and stroke
- Take Amlong 5mg at the same time every day to help you remember to take it
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking this Tablet. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down
- Intake of this tablet can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how Amlong Tablet affects you
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding
Amlong 5 Tablet Side Effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Ankle swelling
- Low blood pressure
- Cold extremities
- Slow heart rate
- Edema or swelling
How to use:
Amlong Tablet can be taken with or without food at a fixed time as advised by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole do not crush, chew or break it
How it works:
Amlong Tablet is a calcium channel blocker that contains Amlodipine 5mg
It relaxes the blood vessels to reduce the pressure on them and improves the blood flow in the body
Amlong 5mg also relaxes the heart muscles by reducing the workload on the heart due to the enhanced blood flow and oxygen flow in the body thus preventing angina
Q. How long does it take for Amlong Tablet to work?
Amlong 5mg Tablet starts working on the day it is taken. However, it may take weeks to see the full effect. You should continue taking the medicine even if you feel better or if you do not notice any considerable difference. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns or you feel worse after taking the medicine
Q. Does Amlong 5mg Tablet cause an itching sensation?
Amlong Tablet may cause itching in some patients, though it is an uncommon side effect. However, if you experience severe itching contact your doctor
Q. Is Amlong Tablet bad for the kidneys?
No, there is no evidence that Amlong Tablet causes deterioration of kidney problems. Amlong 5mg Tablet can be used in normal doses in patients with kidney problems. In fact, its blood pressure-lowering effect helps to prevent injury to the kidneys due to hypertension
Q. Should I take Amlong Tablet in the morning or at night?
Amlong Tablet can be taken any time of the day. Usually, it is advised to be taken in the morning, but your doctor may advise you to take it in the evening as well. You should take it at the same time each day so that you remember to take it and consistent levels of medicine are maintained in the body
Q. For how long do I need to take Amlong Tablet?
You should keep on taking Amlong 5mg Tablet for as long as your doctor has recommended you to take it. You may need to take it lifelong. Do not stop taking it, even if you feel well or your blood pressure is well controlled. If you stop taking Amlong Tablet, your blood pressure may increase again and your condition may worsen
Q. Is Amlong Tablet a beta-blocker?
No, Amlong Tablet is not a beta-blocker. It belongs to a class of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels so that blood can easily flow through the blood vessels
Q. What are the serious side effects of Amlong Tablet?
Amlong 5mg Tablet may cause some serious side effects such as liver problems (yellowing of skin, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite), pancreatitis (severe stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting), and recurrent chest pain which may be indicative of a heart attack. However, these side effects are rarely seen. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medicine to you because the benefit to you is greater than the risk of any potential side effects. Follow your doctor's advice
Q. What should I avoid while taking Amlong Tablet?
Consult your doctor first before starting any new prescription or non-prescription medicines or supplements. Take low sodium and low-fat diet, and adhere to the lifestyle changes as advised by your doctor. Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking Amlong 5mg Tablet. Stop smoking and taking alcohol as this helps to lower your blood pressure and prevents heart problems
Q. I have developed ankle edema and swelling over my feet after using an Amlong Tablet. What should I do?
Amlong Tablet can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce swelling raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away
- Amlong Tablet is safe if properly prescribed for patients with kidney disease by their doctor
- Patients with Liver diseases must consult their doctor before taking this tablet as dose adjustments may be required and must be used with caution
- This medicine should not be given to people with cardiogenic shock (heart fails to pump required blood to the body), heart valve problem (stenosis), low blood pressure (hypotension), liver disease, or heart failure
Country of origin: India
Manufacturer/Marketer Address: 27, Race Course Road, Bangalore-560001, India
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website Pincodes served: 635651, 635126, 635124, 635119, 635117, 635115, 635114, 635110, 635109, 635107, 635105, 635103, 600129, 600117, 600114, 600100, 600097, 600096, 600091, 600088, 600083, 600061, 600044, 600043, 600042, 600041, 600032, 600025, 600022, 600016, 600015, 600014, 563160, 562125, 562107, 562106, 560105, 560103, 560100, 560099, 560087, 560083, 560078, 560076, 560068, 560066, 560050, 560037, 560034, 560024
Rs 38.84MRP 48.55