ALORIC 100 MG TABLET strip of 10 tablets
Item requires a valid prescription
Manufactured By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Composition Allopurinol 100mg
Includes all taxes
Click here to view Alternate brands
ALORIC 100 MG TABLET Uses:
ALORIC 100 MG TABLET composition:
Interactions / Warnings:
- Your doctor has prescribed Allopurinol to reduce episodes of gout attack.
- Take Allopurinol at the same time every day, with or without food.
- Take plenty of fluids (2-3 litres) daily while on Allopurinol.
- Notify your doctor if you develop a rash. This could be a sign of allergy and should go away on discontinuing Allopurinol.
- When you first start taking Allopurinol, you might have more gout attacks. Do not stop Allopurinol on having an acute attack of gout as that could make an attack worse.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Allopurinol as it may cause your gout to flare up.
ALORIC 100 MG TABLET Side Effects:
How to use ALORIC 100 MG TABLET :
How ALORIC 100 MG TABLET works:
Axanthine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is Axanthine?
Axanthine belongs to a group of medicines called xanthine oxidase inhibitors. It reduces the amount of uric acid in the body by blocking one of the processes that make it. It is used to treat gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints), kidney stones, and to remove uric acid from the body in certain cancers.
Q. Can I take Axanthine with Torasemide?
Axanthine can be taken with Torasemide. Axanthine is sometimes given to decrease the hyperuricemic effects of Torasemide. However, Axanthine is not safe in patients with renal failure, so may need to be replaced with another similar medicine like febuxostat.
Q. How is Axanthine different from febuxostat?
Both Axanthine and febuxostat work in a similar way by lowering uric acid levels. However, as compared to Axanthine, febuxostat is seen to be more effective and faster in its action. Also, in patients taking Axanthine, a dose adjustment is needed if the patient has mild, moderate or severe renal failure while in the case of febuxostat a dose adjustment may be needed only in patients with severe renal failure.
Q. Can I take Axanthine with febuxostat?
Both Axanthine and febuxostat are uric acid lowering agents and work in a similar way. So, using both the two medicines together may not be very beneficial and can increase the risk of side effects. However, there have been studies where febuxostat when used with Axanthine in patients with refractory gout, was quite effective in providing relief. So, a combined use would be best decided by your treating doctor depending on your condition.
Medicine disease interaction:
Occasionally drowsiness, dizziness or vertigo, ataxia and visual disturbances, may occur when taking ALORIC 100 MG TABLET. This may affect your driving ability.
Disclaimer : The content on KauveryMeds.com is only for informational purposes. Always consult a professional medical practitioner regarding any health or medical conditions and their respective diagnosis or treatment. Follow your doctor's advice and do not disregard it because of something you have seen or read on this website. Buy medicines with a proper prescription given by your doctor. We don't process requests for Schedule X and other habit-forming drugs as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945
Rs 23.78MRP 29.00