You need to provide
This test is for
Fasting is typically not required for this test.
These tests help healthcare professionals diagnose the type of anemia, determine its cause, and guide appropriate treatment. Depending on the results of these tests and clinical evaluation, treatment may include addressing the underlying cause of anemia, such as iron or vitamin deficiencies, chronic diseases, or other specific treatments as needed.
Complete Blood Count (CBC): CBC is a blood test that provides various important measurements, including:
- Hemoglobin (Hb) concentration: Measures the amount of hemoglobin in the blood, which is a protein that carries oxygen.
- Hematocrit (Hct): Measures the percentage of blood that is composed of red blood cells.
- Red Blood Cell Count (RBC): Determines the number of red blood cells in a given volume of blood.
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV): Indicates the average size of red blood cells.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH): Measures the average amount of hemoglobin in each red blood cell.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC): Measures the average concentration of hemoglobin in each red blood cell.
- Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW): Assesses the variation in the size of red blood cells.
Peripheral Smear: A peripheral blood smear is a microscopic examination of a blood sample to evaluate the size, shape, and appearance of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. It can help identify abnormal or misshapen red blood cells.
Iron Studies: Iron studies involve several tests that help assess the body's iron status, including:
- Serum Iron: Measures the amount of iron in the blood.
- Total Iron-Binding Capacity (TIBC): Measures the body's capacity to bind and transport iron in the blood.
- Transferrin Saturation: Calculated by dividing the serum iron by TIBC, it provides information about the proportion of transferrin that is saturated with iron.
- Serum Ferritin: Measures the level of ferritin, a protein that stores iron in the body.
Vitamin B12: This test measures the concentration of vitamin B12 in the blood. Vitamin B12 is essential for the production of red blood cells, and a deficiency can lead to anemia.
Folate (Folic Acid): This test measures the concentration of folate in the blood. Folate is another important nutrient required for red blood cell production, and a deficiency can lead to anemia.
(includes 5 tests)
Blood Picture Peripheral Smear
Iron Studies Iron Uibc Tibc
Complete Blood Count Cbc
H Block, Room No.C1, South East Corner, South Facing, Virgo Comfort Homes, Tranquil Avenue Off MMRD Road, Kovilambakkam - 600129 5